Machaba Camp in Okavango Delta, Botswana
The unassuming Machaba Camp is situated next to the Moremi Game Reserve in the Okavango Delta’s 180,000 ha Khwai concession, which is home to a variety of wildlife. Elephants, baboons, bushbuck, and green pigeons are just a few of the many animals that rely on the fruit of the machaba tree, from which the camp derives its name, to survive in the Delta.
The Machaba tree, which is rightly known as the “tree of life,” contributes to the camp’s vibrancy, making game viewing and bird watching around Machaba Camp an exciting experience with much to see around every corner. The open-air safari vehicles utilized for game drives will also provide countless possibilities for avid photographers to get the ideal shot.
Machaba’s accommodations achieve the ideal combination between style and comfort, with 10 Luxury Tents located along the Khwai River’s treeline and overlooking the stunning Moremi Game Reserve. Each tent includes a living space, an outdoor shower that is both private and romantic, and an en suite bathroom. At Machaba, kids are always welcome, and two of the tents have accommodations just for families.
- Situated within the Okavango Delta, overlooking the Moremi Game Reserve and Khwai River
- The surrounding Khwai area is home to a wide variety of game and bird species
- Classy and simple accommodation, with only 10 Tented Suites available
- The camp has a tented main area, a library, and a sizeable swimming pool complete with sun loungers
- Open-air game drives afford ample opportunities for photographers to snap the perfect picture
Facilities; Swimming Pool, Restaurant, Bar, Library, 24 Hour Security
Let Kabira Safaris Africa build your dream African adventure
Tour ideas to get you dreaming
Tailor-Made is Our business.
Our South Africa Safari Packages are like the spots on a leopard’s coat – each one is different. We’ll tailor-make your South Africa Safari to suit your individual needs rather than simply asking you to choose. VIEW ALL SOUTH AFRICA TOURS