Welgelegen Boutique Guest House in Cape Town, South Africa
The Welgelegen Boutique Guest House is the right choice if you wish to stay in a handy location from which to explore Cape Town but don’t want to compromise on style.
Welgelegen, which translates from the Dutch as “well-placed,” is made up of two exquisite 19th-century homes and is located at the base of Table Mountain. Welgelegen is located in Gardens, a historic neighborhood in the calm city bowl area of Cape Town. It is close enough to walk to the stores, eateries, and cafes along Kloof Street but far enough away to provide a peaceful stay. Being in the city bowl means that your next experience won’t take you longer than a few minutes.
There are 13 rooms total, and each is tastefully furnished to a high standard with unique extras like Juliet balconies or private gardens. Each room offers satellite TV, a minibar, air conditioning, and bathrooms with showers. Your hosts will be happy to arrange dinner reservations on your behalf at the restaurants on Kloof Street, Cape Town’s “fine dining mile,” even if meal options aren’t offered at Welgelegen.
- Owners and staff are involved and hands-on, offering priceless local knowledge
- Convenient location allowing for exploration on foot
- 30 seconds away from Kloof Street, Cape Town’s “fine dining mile”
- An enclosed terrace garden provides a cool, quiet refuge after a busy city day
- Near the centre of Cape Town, and most popular attractions are within a few minutes’ drive
Let Kabira Safaris Africa build your dream African adventure
Tour ideas to get you dreaming
Tailor-Made is Our business.
Our South Africa Safari Packages are like the spots on a leopard’s coat – each one is different. We’ll tailor-make your South Africa Safari to suit your individual needs rather than simply asking you to choose. VIEW ALL SOUTH AFRICA TOURS