Luxury Hot Air Balloon Safaris in Botswana (Okavango Delta)
Experience Hot Air Balloon Safaris in Botswana over the Okavango Delta, Chobe National Park, and Seloko plains. Balloon Safaris in Botswana are safe for tourists with a guide.
Botswana is a nation in the southern region of Africa that is well-known among visitors for its campaign to set aside the majority of its territory in order to establish national parks and game reserves so that the country’s wildlife can be conserved. A hot air balloon is a type of aircraft with a big balloon that is suspended in the air after being filled with hot air that is heated using propane and a basket where passengers can sit.
Tourists can ride in hot air balloons with little risk, but it’s important to keep in mind that you cannot travel without a tour guide. The experienced tour guide will help lead the balloons while explaining everything you will see from above, including the animals and the history of the places you will fly over.
There are some things that all tourists going on a balloon safari in Botswana should be aware of so that you are prepared before traveling to the country. For example, children under the age of sixteen are not permitted to go up without the supervision of their parents, you are not permitted to go on the balloon ride if you have not paid the full price, and you should first determine the best months to go on a balloon safari in the nation.
Kabira Safaris Africa is the one company that you should use if you ever want to enjoy your balloon safari because it is the only company that is legit in organizing the hot air balloon rides over the Okavango Delta and the Chobe National Park.
Everyone should experience at least one balloon safari since it is a special way to simply travel and visit many areas of Botswana. Once you go, you will always want to go on another balloon safari, but there are a few things you need to bring with you when you go on the flight, including:
- binoculars and a camera. The camera will allow you to take the perfect images of the wildlife and landscape all seen from different angles, while the binoculars will help you see the creatures that you will be hovering above from a clear perspective.
- You will need to pack a variety of outfits for the constantly shifting weather, including both warm-weather and cold-season-appropriate clothing. You can ask your tour guides for advice if you’re unsure of what to wear so that you’re ready for the ride.
- You must provide proof of your medical fitness before you can ride in a hot air balloon so that the tour guides are aware in case of an emergency.
- Before you set out with your family, you should clearly understand how many people the rides take on in the many locations that the balloon flight takes. The hot air balloon ride requires a precise number of people in order to be perfectly balanced.
A hot air balloon safari over the Okavango delta
A recent craze over the Okavango delta is balloon safaris, which give you a distinctive perspective of the entire delta from above. You don’t want to miss the balloon ride over one of the best places to visit on the African continent because the Okavango delta is one of the largest and has a lot to offer when it comes to balloon safaris, which include viewing the landscape, animals, and birds. It is known as the jewel of Botswana. Since the weather is most suited for a balloon safari from April to September, this is when these flights over the Okavango are conducted. About 45 minutes into the balloon journey over the delta, which begins when the air is still quite early in the morning, it comes to an end. When it comes to balloon safaris in the Okavango Delta, there are a number of places where you can find some of the best experiences.
- One of the greatest locations from which to watch the wildlife that can be found in the delta is the small Vumbura, which is immediately near to the Vumbura camp. A hot air balloon ride is one of the ways to observe them, albeit it is only offered upon request and comes with an additional cost. It is easily accessible throughout the year. Along with the small Vumbura, the Vumbura camp also caters to tourists, especially those staying there.
- When guests request one, the Kadizora lodge in the northern Okavango delta also provides them with a hot air balloon flight. The ride in this camp starts early in the morning and always goes over the delta, where you can observe the entire range of wildlife that calls it home.
When you arrive to the Okavango delta on your balloon journey, you might view some of the following:
- The whistling duck, wattled cranes, black chested snake eagle, martial eagle, swamp boubou, African green pigeon, coppery-tailed coucal, and lesser jacana are just a few of the bird species you might observe while birding over the Okavango delta while in a hot air balloon.
- When taking a hot air balloon flight above the Okavango Delta, some of the wildlife you might encounter includes cheetahs, elephants, lions, hippos, crocodiles, buffalo, spotted hyenas, brown hyenas, zebras, and many other species.
A hot air balloon over the Chobe National Park
The Chobe National Park is one of Botswana’s largest and most popular tourist destinations. Previously, the park could only be explored by driving through it or flying over it in a light aircraft, but hot air balloons have recently been introduced there, and visitors are eager to use them to explore the park from a different perspective. The rides begin in the morning when the air is quiet and ideal for a balloon ride, and they leave from the elephant lodge, which is situated in the exact middle of the Park. You will have an experience with the balloon ride over Chobe that you will not have anyplace else. Among the thrilling things, you will be able to see and do are the following:
- Animal watching is possible during a balloon flight above the Chobe National Park. These species and birds include elephants, zebras, antelopes, hippos, spotted hyenas, buffalo, African jackals, brown hyenas, leopards, and lions.
- While enjoying a hot air balloon flight above the Chobe National Park, you may also go bird watching. Among the bird species, you’ll probably want to see are the pennant-winged nightjar, the African fish skimmer, the long-toed lapwing, the white-backed night heron, and many others.
- Additionally, a balloon ride over the Chobe will take you to the Victoria Falls, where you may get up and personal for as many shots as you like.
A hot air balloon safari over the Seloko plains
As you approach from Zimbabwe’s neighbor, the Seloko plains are situated near to the Chobe National Park. The plains are easily accessible from the Kasane reserve and are now known as one of the top locations in Botswana for hot air balloon rides. There are many different wild animals in this huge area, and what better way to enjoy seeing them than by floating above them and snapping pictures of them?
Balloon safaris in Botswana are still relatively new and have not yet spread to all regions of the country, although the Okavango Delta and the Chobe National Park are the two main locations where they are conducted. These two locations are easily reachable by either driving there or flying there, and once you there, you will meet the individuals who will be carrying you around in a hot air balloon. You will also need to book early in order for you to get the best out of your balloon safari in Botswana and after every balloon ride, you are served with some snacks and drinks before heading back to the camp.
How to Plan Balloon Safaris in Botswana
- Describe your dream Balloon safari in Botswana.
- We get you in touch with our travel planning specialists who will help you plan your Balloon safari in Botswana.
- We make adjustments where necessary.
- Book the itinerary/Journey when ready.